Club History

Designed by Ben Sayers, and constructed by local teachers & doctors in 1906, we are one of the oldest private member’s club in the old county of Monmouthshire, now Blaenau-Gwent. On completion of the full 18 holes, in 1909, we became affiliated to the Gwent Golf Union to serve the communities of North Monmouthshire at the head of the Western valley.

Although a relatively small club, we have realised some remarkable achievements during our long history, and regularly host county championships. 

sayers